Thursday, August 26, 2010

Who loves the 90's?

Hello all.
I'm aware that it's been a full week since my last post but Adam has hijacked the laptop almost every night as school starts next week (4 days) and he'll never get the laptop again, apparently. 

Alas, this weeks post.

As I plan this wedding and sweet baby reed grows up quicker every day, I've recently become pretty nostalgic for the past.

OR it could be the access to television shows and movies from the nineties on Netflix since Adam has been playing so many computer games and folding laundry without watching television is uber boring.
but the first option is a much more romantic notion.

So here are a few examples of my nostalgia. Here's hoping it stirs some fond memories for you blog readers.


Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

For those unfamiliar, Lois & Clark was a 1993 television series that was fabulous, albeit not that consistent with the DC Comics version of the Man of Steel. 
This is one of those shows that, separately, was a love of both mine and Adam's so we've been having fun watching it together. The show was very dramatic, very over the top but, as much as I love Desperate Housewives, it's Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain at their best. 
And Hatcher's Lois Lane gave four-eight year old little Raquel the first dose of wanting to be a journalist.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

If you're surprised by this one, we've clearly never met. 
I loved Buffy, the 1997 show about the teenage vampire slayer from Sunnydale, California (which happened to be on the mouth of hell) and her ass-kicking adventures with Willow, Xander and Giles. 
I feel I'm pretty accurate in saying that Buffy ending at the end of freshman year was one of the reasons high school sucked, particularly on Tuesday nights.
 The love of BTVS also led to a love of all things Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan.
And yes, I was a Buffy & Angel fan.

Friends

Friends is probably on most peoples lists, provided they've heard of television. 
I remember when my mom got the Rachel Haircut and I haven't stopped wanting Jennifer Aniston's hairstyle since then. The Ross-Rachel storyline was great the first few seasons and the Rachel-Joey storyline was horrible the last few. But I've got three of the ten seasons of DVD and you best believe I watch that on TBS whenever I catch it.

Freaks & Geeks

Freaks and Geeks is one of my all-time favorite shows. 
And yes, you do recognize most of those people. 
Before eating, praying, loving and being BFF's with Peter Parker, James Franco (a man I'd gladly have an affair with) humbly began on this little show. As did a pre-Cougar Town Busy Phillips. Linda Cardellini was also a freak and a geek before she was a sassy nurse on ER and sexually amibigious detective on Scooby Doo. And Judd Appatow lovers (and How I Met Your Mother actor for the first), Jason Segel and Seth Rogen, were also freaks on this amazing show.
If you've never seen it, get on it. It sadly only lasted for one season so it won't take you long to become just a little bit more awesome.

And finally...


Dawson's Creek

Oh the hard times on the creek. I was a Pacey and Joey fan before they even began the storyline and I'd still love to give Joshua Jackson a big ole smooch. I found it a little too convienent that nearly all the characters went to colleges or found jobs in Boston but how else can you keep the gang together? Oddly enough, Dawson was my least favorite character.
But I've got a few seasons on dvd and they've got the rest on Netflix and it's always nice to watch a time when sweet little Katie Holmes wasn't married to a total wackadoodle.

Adam's calling to tell me tales of slaying creatures with his nerdy friends, so I shall bid everyone a good night.



1 comment:

I love hearing what my readers have to say so pretty please, leave me a comment.