Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Tales of a DIY-Bride

i'm starting a weekly segment in my blog called Wedding Wednesday. I refuse to explain this further. So if you hate the wedding talk, avoid me on Wednesdays (but hey, at least you know when to avoid now).

this week, I bought some jars from Target for candy at the wedding, did some more shopping on Etsy for decor and did some looking around for musicians for our ceremony music. All exciting :)
however, the big wedding thing of the week is....(drum roll, please)....INVITATIONS! 
I'm beyond excited, inviting people to our wedding makes it real.

as you might have guessed from the title, my (okay, OUR) invitations were one of the DIY projects that I've tackled as a bride. before anyone worries, no one is receiving hand-written, crayon invitations. 

I went to Michael's, who sells a collection from Brides Magazine, and went over to my lovely sister-in-law, Dara's, (well my brother, David, lives there too but whatever, he's out of town) and used her printer to print out my invitations, response cards and address labels.

I'm a little biased but I think they look great. And I couldn't have done it without my new sister (& bridesmaid) help! So thanks Dara!

 the invitations kit :)

David & Dara (just to give the readers a visual!)

Oh and you can't see him but my little baby nephew, Luke, is in the picture too (in Dara's belly :)

More Wedding Updates Next Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I took on doing my own invitations for the wedding. They turned out great, but I was about done putting them together after about ten. I bet they look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome although a little weird that we have something else in common... For 2 people that hardly know each other (even though we're related) its a little strange...lol

    I did my own as well but way before I did my daughter's godmother's wedding invitations all by myself, it was my wedding present for her and I guess I did her a favor because the woman had me do 200 invites BY HAND!!!! Envelopes and all... I am so glad to see you're having so much fun with the wedding planning. Remember that no matter what there's an angel watching out for you... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
    Removal companies in Southport
    Removal companies in Southport

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what my readers have to say so pretty please, leave me a comment.